What’s our favorite summer holiday? Summer Fridays! Summer Fridays are a phenomenon that workplaces are starting to embrace, and we can’t image the months of June, July and August without them. If you’re not sure what we’re talking about… we’re sorry, and we hope that you get to experience the gift of walking out of work early every Friday in the summer very soon. We’re here to help you make the most of the hours you gain with a list of 10 ways to spend your Summer Friday.
1. Visit A Museum: If you’re lucky enough to live in a city with multiple museums… visit them! A little knowledge never hurt anyone, and you might be surprised at what you can learn in just a few hours walking around a museum. If you typically don’t have time on the weekend, an early-out Friday is a great way to fit a visit into your schedule.
2. Check Out A Baseball Game: Pump a little excitement into the start of your weekend by checking out a baseball game. Baseball is the sport of the summer, and from the thrill of the game to the amazing food (um, nachos anyone?), we really can’t think of a reason not to go to at least one game per season.
3. Try A New-To-You Restaurant: Warm weather equals porch season! Grab some friends after work or school and go to a restaurant you’ve never tried, preferably with outdoor seating! Summer is the perfect time to try some trendy foods like avocado toast or acai bowls (because we all know you’re #eatingfortheinsta).
4. Go For A Bike Ride: Get out and move! While the sun is still shining midday, take your bike out for a spin. A lot of cities even offer bike rental services with parking hubs around the city, so there’s no excuse not to take a ride in #AEOSTYLE.
5. See A Free Concert In The Park: One of the best perks of summer are free concerts! It seems like free festivals are popping up more than ever, and chilling out with some friends and listening to music is a beautiful way to spend a Friday afternoon. Grab a blanket to sit on & some snacks to earn bonus points with the BFFs.
6. Take A Last Minute Mini-Vacation: You’re gaining a few extra hours on Summer Fridays, so make the most of it! Plan a quick, last minute getaway & leave as soon as the work. Whether you end up camping nearby or driving all night to find a beach, you’re sure to make some memories that will last longer than just the season.
7. Volunteer For A Few Hours: You get what you give! Since you’re getting time off from everyday activity, take the time to give back to your community by volunteering with a local organization. Not only will you have more fun than you expect, you’ll feel great about your actions after. If you need some inspiration, we recommend visiting a volunteer match website.
8. Check Out Your Local Farmer’s Market: We’re huge fans of supporting our local communities, and one way to do that is by buying local. Wandering around a farmers market is a great way to spend an afternoon. You’ll be able to try fresh pastries, local veggies and fruits and even meet new people. Ice cream cone in hand not optional!
9. Head To The Pool: Wind down after a long week by heading to the pool. You don’t need to be a member at an exclusive club to go for a swim –
community pools are a great option for catching some rays. Pack your Aerie swim in your work bag for easy access after the day is done.
10. Hang Out At The Park: Be a kid for the day! Hang out at the park for the afternoon and jump around the playground or take a walk through the grounds.