Treat yourself this Tuesday– no need to be in NOLA to celebrate Mardi Gras!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows
- Purple candy melts
- Star shaped silicone mold (optional)
- Green, gold and purple sugar pearls
- Green, gold and purple sprinkles
WHAT TO DO:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they’re melted and combined.
- Remove mixture from heat and add it to cereal until it’s evenly coated.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray, pressing mixture evenly into pan.
- Let cool and cut into small rectangles.
- Melt purple candy according to instructions and pour into molds.
- Reserving half, dip the treats into the melted candy, as much or as little as you’d like.
- Decorate using the cooled star candies, sugar pearls and sprinkles.