Hey Aerie Girls,
I wanted to share in today’s blog post how I relax and de-stress. It’s part of my personal self-care to take time out for myself and just chill! It’s totally human to have ‘down days’ or days when you’re feeling overwhelmed. For me I listen to how I’m feeling mentally and physically and will make sure I make time to focus on looking after myself.
So I hope I can give you some tips that you can try for yourself, and make sure to comment how you relax and de-stress too – I want to know!
My favourite ways to relax at home:
- Going into my bedroom and lighting my yummy scented candles.
- I also have a air filter / cleaner and humidifier that I put on which makes the air in my room really clean, fresh and easier to breathe.
- Then if I’m into a book I’ll kick back in my fave Aerie PJs and read. Quite often I watch a movie or my fave YouTube channels depending on what I fancy watching.
- Dipping into a heavenly warm bubble bath really relaxes me. And I love creating my own at home pamper sessions with body scrubs, face masks and sleeping with coconut oil in my hair.
On the go:
- I take my eye mask everywhere so when I’m travelling I put it on and even if I don’t sleep (I do love a nap) it gives me a moment to escape and rest and shut off from the outside world.
- I have a chilled playlist on my phone that’s my go to when I’m on the move but need to wind down and take some time to myself and play some tunes that are calming and good for the soul – I love Angie Stone, Anthony Hamilton, Ashanti and Luther Vandross.
- I love carrying a Facial spritz with me, it’s a quick easy way to relax my face and my Caudalie mist smells divine it really calms the senses.
- I make sure my phone screen is on night time mode when the sun has gone down it helps my eyes relax.
- Literally every time I travel I carry sheet masks with me. For me taking off my makeup and indulging in a sheet mask when I’m flying or in hotels is super relaxing and I will just lay there and do nothing for the whole 20 mins whilst I let the product absorb into my skin.
How I like to de-stress:
- Me and my housemate both like to make time to meditate. Everyone’s practise is different, she likes to use an app but I would rather lie and try to clear my thoughts and think about breathing and being – it’s a great way to start the day.
- Something I had forgotten I loved to do was colouring. Now I have a couple of colouring books and a variety of pens and pencils and love sitting down and completely clearing my mind and just enjoying what I’m doing.
- Yoga is a wonderful way to de-stress for me and get my mind and body reconnected. Quite often I don’t have time to make classes so I either practise alongside a youtube video or I do some of my favourite stretches with deep breathing.
- I’m very blessed to have a spa in my building where I live in NY. After a long day I love going to the steam room and sauna and laying peacefully letting all my thoughts drift away.
- And finally I don’t let my phone or social media control me. I control it. So if I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed it’s the first thing I put down and step away from. I can call people back, check emails and texts later – let me just take some time to myself and not let my phone take up my time or attention.
How do you de-stress? Comment and share below!