DIY your gifts this holiday, or make one for yourself– a woven wall hanging is a great way to get your hygge on! Read on to see how to weave your own wintry decor.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Large weaving loom
- White yarn to wrap loom
- Yarn to stitch with
- Weaving needle
- 2 wooden dowels
WHAT TO DO
- In the loom, wrap yarn around the top and bottom pegs to make the base that you’ll be weaving through.
- At the very bottom of the loom, bring 4-5 pieces of yarn into a knot to create your bottom fringe. This will secure the bottom so that when you’re done with your creation, you can simply slide it off.
- The easiest way to get going is to simply “under and over” the yarn, making your base for incorporating fun things like poms!
- To create poms, wrap yarn in circles around your hand about 10 times.
- Next, cut an 8-inch piece of yarn and tie it around the middle of the yarn bundle.
- Cut the two loops on the top and bottom of the now tied bundle.
- Fluff the strings out to make a pom!
- Use the under over method with thicker yarn and tug at it to make it puff out for a fun texture
- Once you’re all done, use a dowel or festive stick to weave through the top loops.
- Have fun! It’s all about being creative. Try an assortment of yarns and mix up the textures and use your favorite colors to make it your own.