The Holiday season is upon us, and with it comes fun memories and traditions. The downside? The season also comes with a less welcome side of stress, between wrapping a million gifts, long lines and listening to your Great Uncle Jeff tell that story (again).
A quick checklist of the essentials is key to getting through the craziness that comes with the season. We asked Aerie’s fit and style expert, Jenny Altman, for some of her Holiday survival tips and must-have Aerie items. Read on for Jenny’s tips below!
Everything you need to survive the holidays starts at Aerie!
1. The Romantic Lace Bralette: The soft structure shows off your most natural shape. Just enough support with tons of comfort!
2. The Pushup Bare Bra: This is the best bra investment you can make! It will get you through every holiday event.
3. Outta-Sight Undie: Good undies are also important and panty lines are not allowed! This is a no-fuss option under any dress.
4. Moccasins: I can never have enough slippers around the holidays, and these are my favorite on the site right now.
5. The Aerie Blanket Scarf: I bought 4 of these blanket scarves for friends as gifts! You cannot go wrong!
6. Aerie Waffle Sleep Set: Mix & match pajamas are a favorite of mine for winter.
7. Aerie Flannel Pajama Pant: I love flannel bottoms with a drawstring. I love the ones with the shopping bear!
Jenny’s Holiday Survival Tips:
1. I like to glam up my holiday look with some jewelry, and this is where I make a little investment! I go for classic, personal pieces that make you feel special,
2. I love with the house smells delicious. If I’m not baking anything (which I’m probably not), then a yummy candle is the thing. I love fig scents, but pine smells really woodsy…a smell I appreciate living in the city!
3. A great pair of shoes that can carry you through all your holiday events is a must! For me, it’s a functional bootie in winter, with a touch of glam.
4. A live Christmas tree is a must for me. There is nothing that smells better and makes you live the holiday moment more than the scent of real pine. This smell reminds me that I’m home every time I walk through the door.
5. I love to eat…and there is no time I enjoy it more! My mother-in-law inspired me to make some amazing soups. I’m a vegetarian, so this Avocado Soup is my favorite (you sprinkle popcorn on it!).
Super-Easy Avocado Soup
4-5 ripe avocados
Broth (I use vegetable, but feel free to use chicken broth)
A squeeze of lemon to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients together, then serve at room temperature with a handful of popcorn sprinkled on top. Then eat the rest of the popcorn, of course!
6. Finally, the key to getting me through the holiday season (especially a cold, New York City one) is a trip planned with my family for January! When I know there is something warm in my future, it gives me something special to look forward to.
Thanks for the tips, Jenny! We hope you have a fun-filled holiday season, Aerie girls!