Hey Aerie girls,
Hope you’re having an amazing summer! If you’ve seen the new #AerieReal campaign – you’ll know it’s all about GIRL POWER and inspired by the 90’s. (if you haven’t seen the campaign check it out now here and here)
I’m so obsessed with this campaign because I’m a big believer in supporting and empowering our girlfriends. So in today’s blog post I want to share some ways I encourage and spread GRL PWR between me and my girls 🙂
I’d love to read how you empower your girlfriends so make sure to comment below!
5 Reasons Why I Believe It’s Important To Empower Your Girlfriends
- Your girlfriends will always be there, so don’t neglect them. Invest time and energy into hanging with them or staying in touch.
- I don’t have blood sisters so my girlfriends are my sisters.
- Your girlfriends are your support system, when you need to laugh, cry or rant they will listen.
- You can be the friend to stop the vicious circle of negative body image talk or gossip, which will help your girlfriends feel good about themselves and shine bright.
- Empowered friends are more confident and often less defensive so it is easier to defuse misunderstandings.
5 Ways To Empower Your Girlfriends
- Complimenting them on things that you love about them – try any of the below:
- Personality — ‘I love being around you, you literally make everyone laugh’
- Their Clothes and style — ‘Your sweater is so cute’
- Efforts — ‘you’ve been killing it at school’ – ‘It really inspires me how well you look after your _____ (mom, dog, brother)’
- Friendship/loyalty — ‘You’re always there for me and that really means a lot to me’
- Taste in music / food / creativity / culture — ‘Your fried chicken is BOMB’
- Help them out if they are struggling at school or work by holding a study night.
- Be a good listener, give them time, don’t interrupt, don’t judge!
- Encourage them to follow their dreams, have a fun filled day of vision boarding and be there when they need you.
- Defend them but also allow them to make their own mistakes, offering up advice but not telling them what and what not to do. We grow by making choices, and as girlfriends, the best thing we can do is be there for each other, the good, the bad and waiting with pizza.
And these are just my own ways, but you know your girlfriends better than anyone! So celebrate each other 🙂 we are so lucky to have one another. So let’s build each other up, we are not in competition; there is room for everyone because we are all completely unique.
Sending all you magical unicorns all my love,