Change up your chambray and customize your summer look! Read on to learn how to make your very own palm print shorts.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 pair of shorts (find new ones here!)
- Fabric paint in colors of your choice
- Palm stencils
- Painter’s tape
WHAT TO DO:
- Place the shorts on a flat surface and put the cardboard inside so the paint doesn’t bleed through.
- Using the painter’s tape, secure the stencil firmly to the shorts, ensuring it doesn’t move while you paint.
- Dip your paintbrush into the paint and lightly dab it over the surface of the stencil.
- To create an ombre effect, use another paintbrush for darker colors and slowly paint over one another.
- Slowly remove the tape and lift the stencil up to avoid any smudges.D
- Repeat steps 1-5 in different areas of the shorts, wherever you want some palm!
- Let the shorts dry on a flat surface.
- Remove the cardboard and wash the shorts following paint and care instructions.
- Pair them with your fave top and wear them out!