Found your unicorn? We’ve got the perfect treat to impress your main squeeze & show them just how special they are. Put a little magic into your Valentine’s Day celebration with Unicorn Hot Chocolate! This dessert is deceptively easy, and most of the work comes from adding the toppings. We found fun, festive candy at a craft store and upped the fantasy factor with bright pink cotton candy. If you’re embracing Valentine’s Day alone this year (#single #notmadaboutit), this recipe can easily be cut in half – and let’s be real, it’ll taste just as sweet.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate tastes as magical as it looks.
All you need to create this bright drink: milk, white chocolate, food coloring & whipped cream!
Melt the chocolate into the milk over low heat.
Stir in a few drops of food color & add vanilla extract.
Colorful toppings? Not optional!
Add a few drops of food color to a bowl of whipped cream & swirl for a marbled look.
Top & serve!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Food Coloring
- Toppings of your choice
- On low heat, melt the white chocolate in the milk over the stove top until small bubbles appear along the edge of the pot (don’t boil it!), stirring every few minutes so that the chocolate doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- While the chocolate melts into the milk, make the rainbow whipped cream in a wide bowl. Drop in two or three food colors in various spots. Using a knife, swirl the color around a few times to create a marbled effect. Set aside.
- Stir vanilla extract into hot chocolate.
- Add 3-4 drops of food color of your choice. Stir.
- Pour the hot chocolate evenly into two mugs.
- Spoon a few dollops of rainbow whipped cream on top & add other toppings of choice (we found these at a craft store)!
- Share 🙂
Share your Unicorn Hot Chocolate pics with us by tagging @americaneagle!