It’s that time of year again! Time for everyone’s favorite seasonal coffee drink – the PSL! Our Pumpkin Spice Latte is not only easy to make, but tasty to drink. This recipe combines a pumpkin spice reduction that you can store and use in not only lattes, but iced coffees, shakes, and more.
- 1 shot of hot coffee (strongly brewed)
- 3/4 cup of milk
PUMPKIN SPICE REDUCTION INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbs. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Ground Cinnamon
- To make pumpkin spice reduction, combine all ingredients, sans vanilla, in a small saucepan over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low. Let the reduction simmer for 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- While mixture is simmering, steam 3/4 cup of milk & combine with coffee.
- Remove pumpkin spice reduction from heat & add in vanilla extract.
- Combine pumpkin spice reduction with latte, stirring to mix all ingredients evenly.
- Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and ground cinnamon to taste.
- Store any leftover reduction in the refrigerator for up to a week, using in more lattes or as you see fit.
BONUS: Coat the rim of your glass with caramel sauce and dip into either pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, brown sugar (or a combination of the three!) to add a hint of sweetness, additional flavor, & a touch of style.
Are you a seasonal pumpkin spice lover, or do you enjoy the yummy flavor year-round? Comment below to tell us how you take your PSL!