Our motto for hanging out at the beach? Sun, sand and books. With more free time, summer is a great season to catch up on all of the bestsellers from the past year. Beach days are pretty much made for relaxing, and we love to do so with a book in one hand and a cold drink in the other (+ #AEOSTYLE, of course). We’ve rounded up some of our recent favorite novels – including everything from YA lit to fiction to memoirs – so that all you have to do is head to the bookstore or open up your Kindle! Check out our picks below, and let us know what you’re adding to your summer reading list.
Shop The Look:
Aerie Triangle Bikini Top
Denim X4 Hi-Rise Shortie
AEO Cat Eye Sunglasses
1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyer: How could we not include this bestseller AND movie on our list? If you’ve already seen Me Before You in theaters, you know just how deep the feels are in this humorous and heart-wrenching story. The book follows Lou Clark as her life unexpectedly changes forever after becoming a caretaker for a man who lost faith in life and love. You’re going to laugh and cry – maybe at the same time – during this read!
2. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell: It wasn’t long ago that we were obsessing over Rowell’s hit novel, Eleanor & Park. Rowell has a talent for creating characters that are both unique and relatable, and the characters in this short story are no different. Truly a perfect beach read due to its shorter length, Kindred Spirits will make you just a little less alone in this world – because who isn’t a little bit quirky?
3. The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer: At this point it’s pretty clear that Amy Schumer is all of us. Get to know 2016’s favorite comedian better in her autobiographical look at everything from her romantic adventures to embarrassing moments… then try to tell us you don’t want to be in her #squad.
4. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty: Moriarty became one of our favorite authors with her breakout bestseller Big Little Lies. This author has a gift for exposing our true selves, even when we don’t want her to. In this novel, two best friends discover just how much one small moment can change your life… for better, or worse. We can’t wait to get our hands on this book on July 26th!
5. Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave: What would you do if everything you thought you knew about your soon-to-be husband changed in one second? In Eight Hundred Grapes, Georgia retreats to her family’s vineyard in Sonoma after her life is thrown for a loop. She only has one week to decide if she’s going to get married or not, but when she learns that her family has been keeping some secrets, the decision is tougher than ever. Bonus: there’s a rumor that Eight Hundred Grapes could become a film, so read it now!
6. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: The first novel in a bestselling series of three, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children explores a hidden world right inside our own. Follow Jacob as he journeys to find the truth about his grandfather’s death and discovers something… peculiar… about himself along the way. Be sure to check out the movie trailer here, too.
What books made your beach reads list this summer? Tell us in the comments below!