What are your spring break essentials? Comment below and tell us!
What are your spring break essentials? Comment below and tell us!
Spring Break is back! We’re here to help you pack your bags for your Spring Break getaway with out packing guide. Pull out those board shorts & swim suits (we’re thinking the Aerie one-piece scoop suit will be our go-to this year), because we’re beach bound. We’ve got everything you need to survive the sun, sand and (let’s face it) non-stop activity of vacay week, from button-downs and dresses to tees and tanks. From sun-up to sun-down, your #AEOSTYLE will be on point in baseball hats and on-trend sunglasses to block out the shade. Ready to pack all of your spring break essentials? Let’s do this, #SB2017!
Your packing list is as easy as it gets: shirts, shorts, shoes. Keep your luggage light by picking pieces in the same color family and picking tops like button-downs and active tees that you can swap out between board shorts and cutoff denim shorts. Top your look off with a baseball hat and Birks on the bottom, and make waves by spritzing on Surf cologne when you go out at night.
TOPS: AEO Short Sleeve Dip Dye Shirt | AEO Short Sleeve Graphic T-Shirt
BOTTOMS: AEO Slim 9″ Cutoff Short | AEO 360 Extreme Flex Board Short
ACCESSORIES: Birkenstock Arizona Sandal | AEO Packable Backpack | AEO Icon Baseball Hat
AEO Surf 1.7 oz. Cologne For Him | AEO Beaded Bracelet Set
Spring break is the first chance during the year to show off new spring trends, so don’t be shy! Embroidered details and summery tie-dye are must-haves this year, and an airy white dress makes the perfect daytime look or swim cover-up. Don’t forget denim shorts to pull on when adventure strikes! Accessorize your #AEOSTYLE with a baseball hat, sunglasses and carefree espadrille flats for a look that brings out the sun.
Tops: AEO Embroidered Utility Shirt | AEO Soft & Sexy Ribbed Tie Tank | Aerie Super Scoop One Piece Swimsuit
Bottoms: AEO Denim X Hi-Rise Shortie | AEO Fit & Flare Tassel Dress
Accessories: AEO Colorblocked Backpack | AEO Surf 1.7 OZ Toilette | AEO Baseball Hat | AEO Bandana
AEO Round Sunglasses | AEO Espadrille Flat
Introducing NEW Aerie Fragrances: four new scents for you to love! Fruity, floral, tropical, fresh and feminine, our fragrances are made to help you feel good and smell amazing. You’re already beautiful. These just add a little extra!
4 new scents for you to love!
Aerie REAL is a floral and fruity scent with notes of lychee, ballerina rose and pink pepper.
Make every day a beach day with Beach Happy, our tropical and fruity scent with notes of wild mango, beach orchid and sandalwood.
With Heart is made for U-Day! Make yourself happy with this cozy and feminine scent featuring notes of apricot, angelica flower and amber.
Feel good & go. Do you, girl!
It’s All You is our soft & fresh scent with notes of pear blossom, bamboo and musk.
Which scent are you most excited to try out? Comment below & tell us!
Our motto for hanging out at the beach? Sun, sand and books. With more free time, summer is a great season to catch up on all of the bestsellers from the past year. Beach days are pretty much made for relaxing, and we love to do so with a book in one hand and a cold drink in the other (+ #AEOSTYLE, of course). We’ve rounded up some of our recent favorite novels – including everything from YA lit to fiction to memoirs – so that all you have to do is head to the bookstore or open up your Kindle! Check out our picks below, and let us know what you’re adding to your summer reading list.
1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyer: How could we not include this bestseller AND movie on our list? If you’ve already seen Me Before You in theaters, you know just how deep the feels are in this humorous and heart-wrenching story. The book follows Lou Clark as her life unexpectedly changes forever after becoming a caretaker for a man who lost faith in life and love. You’re going to laugh and cry – maybe at the same time – during this read!
2. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell: It wasn’t long ago that we were obsessing over Rowell’s hit novel, Eleanor & Park. Rowell has a talent for creating characters that are both unique and relatable, and the characters in this short story are no different. Truly a perfect beach read due to its shorter length, Kindred Spirits will make you just a little less alone in this world – because who isn’t a little bit quirky?
3. The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer: At this point it’s pretty clear that Amy Schumer is all of us. Get to know 2016’s favorite comedian better in her autobiographical look at everything from her romantic adventures to embarrassing moments… then try to tell us you don’t want to be in her #squad.
4. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty: Moriarty became one of our favorite authors with her breakout bestseller Big Little Lies. This author has a gift for exposing our true selves, even when we don’t want her to. In this novel, two best friends discover just how much one small moment can change your life… for better, or worse. We can’t wait to get our hands on this book on July 26th!
5. Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave: What would you do if everything you thought you knew about your soon-to-be husband changed in one second? In Eight Hundred Grapes, Georgia retreats to her family’s vineyard in Sonoma after her life is thrown for a loop. She only has one week to decide if she’s going to get married or not, but when she learns that her family has been keeping some secrets, the decision is tougher than ever. Bonus: there’s a rumor that Eight Hundred Grapes could become a film, so read it now!
6. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: The first novel in a bestselling series of three, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children explores a hidden world right inside our own. Follow Jacob as he journeys to find the truth about his grandfather’s death and discovers something… peculiar… about himself along the way. Be sure to check out the movie trailer here, too.
What books made your beach reads list this summer? Tell us in the comments below!
One of our favorite pastimes is hanging out by the pool or beach. With beach season just over a month away, we can’t stop daydreaming about laying in the sun and hanging out in the sand! This year, AEO has everything you need for a day by the water – we’re talking hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and, of course, pool accessories. Wherever your vacation destination is (even if you’re staying in your own backyard), you need to check out our summer beach essentials!
Take it to the beach! A few key items to pack in your tote are a blanket, sunscreen & a big sunhat. Summer is the season of fun, so don’t be afraid to get adventurous with your vacation style. We’re obsessed with whimsical accessories like our pineapple sunglasses, and we think a matching mini drink float is necessary. When you’re ready to relax, play a game of cards or turn on your pool radio. Don’t forget a small bag to stow away your phone and sunnies while you’re in the water. If you want to capture all of the beach action without risking a broken phone, an underwater camera will be your best friend!
SHOP EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR BEACH DAY:
1. AEO Straw Hat
2. Hang Ten 08 Tanning Oil
3. AEO Crossbody Sunglasses Case
4. AEO Cat Eye Sunglasses
5. Sunnylife Underwater Camera
6. AEO Medallion Paisley Blanket (Similar)
7. Big Mouth Mini Fruit Float Drink Pack
8. AEO Huarache Flats
9. Sunnylife Retro Sounds Radio
10. Invisibobble Hair Tie (Similar)
11. Hang Ten 30 SPF Sunscreen
12. AEO Sunglasses Case
13. AEO Pineapple Sunglasses
14. Slant Pineapple Tumbler
15. AEO Washed Linen Tote
16. Sunnylife Giant Playing Cards
Let’s face it, Summer is HOT... and after this winter, we won’t complain (promise!), but we WILL show you how to stylishly dress for the rising temps! Our very own (and very stylish) Director of Styling, Preston and Manager of Styling, Lauren put together relaxed beach looks inspired by some of their favorite beach towns. Check out the outfits below to keep your #AEOStyle cool all season long.
Cool in Cabo:
GUYS: Our classic denim shirt is the go-to for beach layering. Easy to throw on with a print bathing suit after the beach or to head out for lunch or drinks with friends. The accessory statement is all in the wrist – layering up vintage inspired cord & beaded bracelets for a cool, simple summer vibe.
GALS: This look is all about laid back, easy items, perfect for a resort town like Cabo. We love a soft pant paired back to the sandal of the season, the Birkenstock… and worn with an easy print tank for an effortless look. Nothing says chill vacation mode more than a fedora to top off the look.
Major in Miami:
GUYS: Our short sleeve half-pipe shirts are killer with an awesome fit and perfect to wear from the beach to the bar. We’re seeing tons of florals in mens summer dressing and we love our floral version paired back to our new chino jogger for a summery yet urban vibe. Don’t forget a fresh pair of trainers and good wrist gear to top off the look.
Shop the look:
Printed Short Sleeve Button Down Shirt
New Balance 501 Sneaker
Leaves Icon Sunglasses
GALS: Whats so fun about Miami is the ability to go from the sand to the street to the beach club all before dusk. We love the graphic print on this dress to throw over a bikini or for lunch on Ocean Drive. Wear under our vegan leather jacket for when the sun goes down. Miami dressing is all about versatility while looking cool and on trend.
Vibrant in Venice:
GUYS: The SoCal surf scene is the epitome of laid back cool… this is where pattern mixing is natural and effortless. A bright striped tank paired to a denim cut off feels easy, on trend, and perfect for Venice. Our slip-on skate inspired Ollie is killer in the stripe print. Throw on the 5 panel cap with floral detail as you jump out of the water or off your surf board.
GALS: The summer vibe in Venice beach all goes back to the influence of surf and skate. Our sky high shortie is super street ready when paired with a skate inspired lace up sneaker, cool print tank and fresh metallic sunnies. We love the hint of color in the trucker hat (totally SOCAL, right?) to top off the look.