These festive cookies are a must for cookie swaps, parties or for keeping all to yourself!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp espresso powder or 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. chopped white chocolate
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
- Beat butter for 1 minute on medium speed until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Add both types of sugar and continue to beat on a medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Turn up to high speed, and mix in egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix at a slow speed until completely combined.
- Continue to beat on high and add in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- Remove cookie dough and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small balls and place onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes and allow to cool for an additional 5 minutes on the sheet.
- Melt white chocolate (make sure you don’t burn it!)
- Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle crushed candy canes onto each cookie.
- Place in the refrigerator to help chocolate set completely.
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Comment below & tell us!