Happy new year! Our 2015 is off to an awesome start and we hope yours is, too. These are some of our favorite things to kick off the year. How are you heading into 2015?
WHAT WE’RE WATCHING: INTO THE WOODS
Whether or not you know or have ever seen the show, this movie is a must see. The all-star cast (led by Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine and Meryl Streep) take you through some of the most well-known fairytales (including Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Cinderella)… but, as you’ll soon find out, everything is not as it seems. As Cinderella’s Prince, Pine’s rendition of Agony (sung with Rapunzel’s Prince, Billy Magnussen) is especially hilarious.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO: BORNS
We can’t get enough as of late with this Michigan born and bred (but now LA dwelling) singer, whose blend of folk, glam and electro rock makes us feel like we’re living inside a dream. (In the best way possible, of course.) Make sure to download his EP, Candy.
WHAT WE’RE READING: BLOGLOVIN’
Need a way to keep all your blogs under one online roof? Bloglovin’ is SO the way to go. This blog reader organizes every post into a feed that you can scroll through all together or break up by individual blog, making it super easy to read all your favorite sites at a glance. (Plus it’s such an easy way to follow both this blog and our Tumblr, meaning you’ll never miss out on anything happening right here at AEO.)
WHERE WE’RE GOING: LOS ANGELES
The City of Angels is calling our name right now (probably because as we type this it’s only 17 degrees outside at our Pittsburgh home office headquarters). But in all fairness, L.A. has tons of awesome stuff to do and see. Catch a game or a concert at the Staples Center, go shopping on Abbot Kinney in Venice, stroll along the pier in Santa Monica, catch the waves in Malibu, be super touristy and go to Graumann’s Chinese Theater and the Hollywood Walk of Fame… there’s something for everyone (and tons of neighborhoods to explore).
WHAT WE’RE DOWNLOADING: HYPERLAPSE
In a word? O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D. Turn all of your videos into a work of art with this app, which make it so easy to create time lapse videos (and to upload them to Instagram). Truth be told, we’re pretty much spending all our free time making them.
WHAT WE’RE EATING/DRINKING: DETOX SMOOTHIES
Whether your NYE was full of debauchery or you just hit the cookies a little too hard over the holidays, there’s no time like the present to do a little detoxing. And what better (and more delicious) way to do that than with a detox smoothie? We’re especially loving the idea of a blueberry and avocado smoothie. Just blend it with a banana, cucumber, spinach and coconut water and voila: instant refreshment (and good for your body antioxidants to boot).
WHAT WE’RE WEARING: DESTROYED JEANS
Really want to break into 2015? You need a new pair of destroyed jeans. Ripped, repaired, mended, stitched, faded, distressed, patched… the more destroyed your jeans are this year, the better.
A Texas born transplant living in NYC. Saul is a style and grooming lifestyle blogger and photographer.
What Inspired Saul’s Look:
I love the flexibility a plaid shirt has when styling an outfit. Easily dressed up under a suit or dressed down with some athletic inspiration, my plaids rotate through my wardrobe no matter the season or occasion. I kept this look pretty casual as I ran errands – pairing my AEO plaid with some of my favorite AEO jogger sweats and structured denim jacket made my look super comfortable without losing any style points!
Get Saul’s Look:
We can all agree that New Year’s Eve is a time to shine. Whether you’re ringing in the new year out on the town or staying in with family and friends, a little bit of sparkle can go a long way.
Allexis from Life of a Coy Fish shows us how she styles her favorite Aerie finds to watch the ball drop.
Allexis is an adventurous, book-loving, running addict, fashion obsessed, 22 year-old and the blogger behind Life of a Coy Fish.
What inspired Allexis’s Looks:
Hey friends! When it comes to NYE we all know there are really only two ways to celebrate: out on the town with friends, or snuggled in at home with loved ones. To make your New Year’s Eve a little easier I put together a look for you all for each way to celebrate. I don’t know about you guys but when I’m ringing in the new year with a night out on the town I want to be warm, comfortable, and cute. I don’t want to have to worry about tugging a dress down all night or having freezing bare legs. These cute sequined leggings are THE perfect piece to meet those needs without having to compromise looking great!
To complete the look and keep it fun, I paired these bad boys with a fun printed sweater and wedges that are comfy enough to dance the night away in. Sequins are really a no brainer when it comes to NYE and some other fun ways to style some cute sequined leggings would be with a fun graphic tee and classic pair of pumps, or with a boyfriend blazer and plain white tee. The possibilities are endless and there’s really no way to go wrong with these leggings!
For a night in, watching the ball drop on Times Square on the good old television, the key to a cute look is keeping it cozy while bringing in fun sparkly elements that make it so it doesn’t just feel like another boring night at home! This sequined bralette layered underneath this soft henley is the perfect way to add that bit of New Year’s fun while these cozy little knit PJ shorts keep things casual and comfy!
Show us your favorite Aerie finds with #AerieHAULiday for a chance to be featured on Aerie.com! xo
We’re wrapping up the year with our favorite songs from 2014. Check out the playlist below and be sure to hear it in stores and on our Spotify channel! What are your favorite songs from this past year? Tell us in the comments below.
- Afrojack – Ten Feet Tall
- Aloe Blacc – The Man
- alt-J – Every Other Freckle
- Architecture In Helsinki – In the Future
- Arctic Monkeys – Do I Wanna Know?
- Ariana Grande – Problem
- Avicii – I Could Be The One [Avicii vs Nicky Romero] – Nicktim – Radio Edit
- Avicii – Hey Brother
- Bastille – Pompeii
- Becky G – Shower
- Betty Who – Heartbreak Dream
- Bingo Players – Knock You Out
- Bleachers – Rollercoaster
- Calvin Harris – Blame
- Calvin Harris – Summer
- Cash Cash – Here and Now [feat. Kerli]
- Christina Perri – human – Passion Pit Remix
- CHVRCHES – Recover
- Classified – Higher (feat. B.o.B)
- Classixx – All You’re Waiting For – feat. Nancy Whang
- Clubfeet – Acapulco & La
- Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars
- Cultfever – Animals
- Dillon Francis – Get Low
- Dillon Francis feat. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Without You
- DJ Snake – Turn Down for What
- Drake – Hold On, We’re Going Home
- Echosmith – Cool Kids
- Echosmith – March Into The Sun
- Ecstasy – Frnds 4 Lyf
- Fenech-Soler – Stop And Stare
- Flo Rida – How I Feel
- Foxes – Youth – Funk Generation Club Mix
- French Cassettes – Too Young
- Grouplove – Ways To Go – Captain Cuts Remix
- Hardwell – Young Again – Radio Edit
- HOLYCHILD – Playboy Girl
- Hunter Hunted – Keep Together
- Icona Pop – Girlfriend
- Imagine Dragons – Demons
- Jagwar Ma – Come Save Me
- Janelle Monáe – Dance Apocalyptic
- John Legend – All of Me – Tiësto’s Birthday Treatment Remix – Radio Edit
- Katy Perry – This Is How We Do
- Kid Mac – Dream Weaver
- Kiesza – Hideaway
- KONGOS – Come With Me Now
- Krewella – Alive
- Lana Del Rey – Summertime Sadness [Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais] – Cedric Gervais Remix
- Lilly Wood and The Prick – Prayer in C – Robin Schulz Radio Edit
- Little Dragon – Shuffle A Dream
- Lorde – Million Dollar Bills
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us – feat. Ray Dalton
- Magic! – Rude
- Miniature Tigers – Swimming Pool Blues
- MKTO – God Only Knows
- Probz – Waves – Robin Schulz Radio Edit
- The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather
- Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
- NONONO – Pumpin Blood
- One Direction – Steal My Girl
- OneRepublic – Counting Stars
- Paramore – Ain’t It Fun
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Ra Ra Riot – Dance With Me
- Rebecca & Fiona – Taken Over – Radio Edit
- Rixton – Me And My Broken Heart
- Rixton – Wait On Me
- Sam Smith – Money On My Mind
- Smallpools – Dreaming
- Smallpools – Over & Over
- Strange Talk – Morning Sun (Dillon Francis Remix)
- Terraplane Sun – Get Me Golden
- Tiësto – Red Lights
- Vacationer – The Wild Life
- Vance Joy – Riptide
- The War On Drugs – Red Eyes
- Wild Cub – Colour
- Youngblood Hawke – We Come Running
Shop the look:
Vogue.com: Super Stretch Hi-Rise Jegging | ABO Puffer Jacket
Refinery 29: Pendleton Sold at AEO | Puffer Slipper (Sold out online, check AEO stores for availability | Woolrich Felt Mill Scuff Slipper
Shop the look:
US Weekly: Get Down Buffalo Check Puffer Vest