“I love mixing up my workouts and I use Classpass to try a variety of studios to keep my body challenged including barre, spin, TRX, hot yoga, and mega reformer pilates. As I start training for my very first 5K I want to make sure that I run as much as possible outdoors and be prepared for uphill terrain and weather conditions. Running a 5k has been on my list for two years now and I’m excited to finally be crossing it off! I love how the Lorna Jane collection keeps me feeling cool when the weather is warm and my body heats up quickly, not to mention how bright the colors are. I feel like I can tackle anything!”
Happy Bras just got ROCKIN’! Happy Rockin’ Unlined Bras have a daintier underwire and a little less coverage than our Happy Classic and Happy Plunge styles, so they give you support with a barely there feel. With triangle, racerback and halter fits in pretty lace and soft shine, our newest style is like the happy version of your fave bralette. We talked to Senior Designer, Lyndsey Stocker, about our new style and how it’s changing the face of happy. Read on to see what she had to say!
How is the Happy Rockin’ Bra different from the rest of our Happy Collection?
LS: It has less coverage at the underarm, so it’s more of a cute triangle shape with the light support of an underwire.
How should our girls wear it?
LS: With all the fashion details of our cute bralettes but with the added support of an underwire, our girl can wear the Happy Rockin’ Bra any way she wants! She can show them off or layer them under any outfit and she’s good to go!
What’s next for Happy Bras?
LS: Exciting things to come for Happy Bras! We have an all-new style on the way for Fall, and in Holiday we’re excited to offer more 30 & 32 bands across all styles and our favorite Classic Happy Bra will go up to 40D & DD!
Showing a little shoulder is THE trend of 2017. This silhouette is everywhere in our closets – sweaters, dresses, tanks, tops – and we definitely don’t hate it. In must-have one shoulder, cold shoulder and off-the-shoulder fits, this is a summer-ready trend that looks more difficult to style than it is! Blogger Tanya from Estrogen Studio styled our One Shoulder Chambray Shirt with a casual vibe and made the look her own by adding a long scarf that draped down the open back and accentuated the ruffle details on the neckline. Check out Tanya’s full look below & show us how you’re styling the one shoulder trend YOUR way for a chance to be featured in our Style Gallery!
Tanya is a fashion blogger and influencer based in Toronto. After discovering her love for fashion, she used her professional experience as a social media marketer to launch her Instagram account focusing on trendy and minimalistic looks for every occasion. A channel which started as her personal fashion musing quickly became a passion project with the launch of her blog Estrogen Studio. She loves to try new trends and hopes to inspire others to experiment with fashion.
What Inspired Tanya’s Look:
“I absolutely loved the One Shoulder Chambray Shirt. The lightweight material is perfect for the summer weather and festival season. You can style the shirt in so many different ways – a pair of white shorts, high-waisted skirt, or a pair of jeans. Since the weather is still warming up in Toronto, I opted for a pair of black jeans and my favourite moccasins to keep it super casual. To add my personal style to this off-shoulder trend, I added a light, red scarf for the perfect finishing touch! To make sure your shoulders and collarbones pop in this shirt, make sure to dust your favourite highlighter to give your skin a healthy glow.”
Hi Aerie Girls, I’m excited to start blogging and sharing topics that mean a lot to me with you all. In this post I wanted to remind you that you deserve to love your body and appreciate it for what it does for you. I believe changing how you view yourself and deciding to practice self-care will help you to feel more confident in your swim.
With summer and swim season approaching it can start to feel quite intimidating because we are bombarded with messages saying we need to get ‘beach body ready.’ What the fudge is a ‘beach body?’ And why are we conditioned to believe if we don’t have one we can’t feel confident?
Because the concept of a ‘beach body’ has literally been created by society and the media to make us feel insecure so that we are a motivated consumer. Striving to look like the perfected images of unrealistic bodies that are apparently what we all need to look like on the beach. SO NOT TRUE, the airbrushed images aren’t even real and it’s not possible to look like that. And we shouldn’t because we are all meant to be imperfectly perfect – that’s what makes you YOU!
So here are my top 5 tips to help you feel fab in your swim:
- Give up the pursuit of perfection. Perfect does not exist, nearly everyone has cellulite, stretch marks, scars, who decided that these are flaws? Well they’re not, they are the beautiful unique markings that make your body completely unique. Your body does not define your beauty, you are so much more than that. Instead start dedicating time to looking after you from the inside out. Because health starts from the inside and when we start respecting our body and looking after it we become happy and full of positive energy.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Sometimes we do it without even knowing, not just celebs or models we may look up to but even our friends and sisters can sometimes have us feeling jealous and insecure. I used to look at others and think why do they have: perfect skin, slim legs and a thigh gap and I don’t? I had to train myself to think ok well they have x,y,z but that’s them and I can never be them I can only ever be me and also have wonderful qualities. By seeing the beauty in others we can’t diminish our own beauty.
- Be more bodyposi with your girlfriends. I’d love you to share this post with your girlfriends and all start to look out for each other. If you see your girl tearing herself down don’t join in ‘Ah I can’t wear this bikini look at my thighs’ ‘Ugh I know I hate the way I look in my swimsuit’ you can be the one to stop this cycle. Build her back up, tell her how much you love her and how beautiful she is because she’s her.
- Stop body shaming others. We can accidentally say something that could be hurtful so always be careful and online too think before you write your comment – would I like someone to say this to me? If the answer is no then stop yourself. Also make sure you protect yourself online, unfollow accounts that make you feel bad and fill your timeline with inspirational ones that make you feel happy or inspire you.
- Start celebrating your body for its abilities not its imperfections. For me this is how we change the way we look at ourselves. Instead of looking in the mirror and seeing your imperfections commit to practicing self-care by retraining what you focus on. Try my mirror challenge by looking at yourself and picking out 5 things you love about yourself (I go into more detail on my TEDx talk) these should be personality traits, your accomplishments, morals and values. Then pick out 5 things you love about your body not just for what it looks like but actually what it enables you to do in life. Because we have a lot to be grateful for by having these unique homes that have incredible abilities. So when you hit that beach you’re now thinking wow I’m the bee’s knees, this body is all mine and it’s powerful. I’m so grateful to be here enjoying each day and I will not let the artificial fear of not having a ‘beach body’ ever make me feel insecure and hold me back from living life to the fullest.
Easy dressing: we’ve talked about it before. One of our favorite ways to quickly dress & still look super put-together, effortlessly, is to pop on a romper or dress. One piece wonders get the job done: they’re on trend, comfy and are the ultimate way to channel warm weather vibes. It’s time to spring forward in comfy-cute rompers and wear-everywhere dresses in playful polka dots, picnic-perfect gingham, retro florals, stripes and more. We picked a few of our favorite one piece looks styled by YOU – check them out below! We want to see how you’re styling dresses and rompers, so be sure to show us your look (and tell us why you wear it!) by tagging us and using #WeAllCan on Instagram or Twitter.
LOOK 1: Feeling blue? You bet. Our embellished romper mixes nautical stripes and embroidered details for a look that’s warm-weather ready.
LOOK 2: A classic striped pattern with an old-school feel gets a modern update with cutout details in a v-neck romper silhouette. Add some aviators and a necklace (and definitely a popsicle!) to finish your look.
LOOK 3: The easy, breezy vibe of this romper makes a great seasonal transition piece. Long belle sleeves are balanced out by the legs-for-days romper cut, and booties keep the outfit grounded.
LOOK 4: Strappy details are everywhere right now, and an unexpected cross-front strap takes a go-to fit & flare silhouette up a notch.
Look 5: Bare shoulders, chill vibes. Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses have never been more of a must-have. Pair the dress with flats and sunnies.
Activewear made to inspire… with love from Australia! Our stylist picked her faves from the Lorna Jane collection of workout styles made to motivate and get you feeling your best. Think sports bras, leggings and tanks with wicking and 4-way stretch fabrics… all ready to do werk!
Start by getting in the game with Lorna Jane’s Warrior Active Tank ready to inspire your hardest workouts. Add a Lolita Longer Line Bra, Basic Run Short and Kendall Excel Zip Through, all made with LJ Excel Fabric™, a moisture-wicking and breathable blend for serious workouts.
Move. Nourish. Believe.
Read our interview with Lorna Jane here!