The Student Conservation Association (SCA) and AEO are partnering this Earth Day to make an even bigger impact on our planet’s well-being. Beginning April 15, AEO will donate a tree with help from SCA, for every pair of AEO Denim X and Flex Shorts purchased (up to 100,000 trees). This initiative will continue until Earth Day on April 22.
Through the simple act of purchasing a pair of shorts, you will be doing your part to help our planet. Wondering what 100K trees can do to help the Earth? We’ve got that covered. Read on to learn about the many environmental benefits trees provide to our planet & the impact 100,000 new trees can have:
More Fun Facts:
- 100K trees are enough to create a 1.3 square mile of dense forest or one the size of Central Park in NYC!
- A large tree can give off as much as 100 gallons of water into the air per day. This has a cooling effect roughly equivalent to 10 single-room-sized air conditioning units operating 20 hours per day.
- The annual energy cost reduction of a tree is $50.
- Cities are constantly in need of new trees to plant. The average tree in an urban area has a life expectancy of eight years.
- The bark of one single tree can provide a home for hundreds of living things, including close to 300 species of insects and 350 varieties of lichens. These plants and bugs then provide food for numerous birds and small mammals.
- Planting trees remains one of the cheapest, most effective means of drawing excess CO2 from the atmosphere.
This Earth Day, do your part to make our planet a greener place! It’s as simple as buying yourself an awesome new pair of AEO Shorts. If you’re looking to take it one step further, click here to learn about upcoming SCA events in your area and how you can participate.