The name says it all. Want. Need. Love. From cozie Onesuits to soft Plaid Button Downs and a color palette full of Fall hues, check out our top posted items on Wanelo this week.
Shop the look:
Shop the look:
Heritage Flannel (Shop Similar)
Happy Halloween! In our opinion, today is the most fun day of the year (and obviously the scariest). We’ve rounded up 10 of the top Halloween traditions for you… so we hope you’re ready to get spooked.
Read Christine by Stephen King
There’s a ton of Halloween-ready lore out there, and Stephen King is its master. While Christine might be considered tame by some (or, okay, most), this tale of a car that comes to life and kills everyone in its wake is still pretty terrifying. (And now we have absolutely no desire to ever name our cars again.)
Eat Halloween Themed Treats
Type “Halloween food” into Pinterest and you’ll have your pick of scary goodness to choose from. We had a tough time deciding on our favorite treat, but we ended up going with Boo Sushi… because how on earth are you going to be able to come up with something more creative than sushi rolls topped with body parts?
Download The Zombie Me App
Especially suited to those who love The Walking Dead, but come on… anyone can have a little (too much) fun turning their normal, everyday pictures into scary zombified creatures. It’s pretty much the best reason to take a selfie today.
Watch Scary Horror Movies
Whether you hide under a blanket on the couch or brave the theater, there is absolutely no better time to watch a scary movie than on Halloween night. There are a few new releases to choose from this year, but we’re going with Annabelle… because there’s really nothing more frightening than a doll connected to the supernatural. (And while this movie has been banned in parts of France, we’re not too scared to watch it. We think.)
Watch Campy Horror Movies
If you’re in the mood to laugh more than scream this Halloween, you HAVE to watch Hocus Pocus. The cult classic stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler and Kathy Najimy as three witches who come back from the dead to terrorize a small, sleepy town. While you probably won’t be too scared by this movie, it’s still definitely a must see.
Do The “Thriller” Dance
Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” is at the top of every Halloween music playlist, and for good reason. The music video is one of the best of all time, in large part to the infamous dance sequence. Get ready to bust a move.
Carve A Pumpkin
What would Halloween be without pumpkin carving? It’s the best way to show off your artistic skills (or, okay, how all you can do is cut triangles for eyes). Be sure to scoop out the seeds and roast them, too (we recommend doing so with a bit of garlic olive oil and a pinch of sea salt).
Go On A Hayride
Bundle up, drink some cider and grab your friends for a hayride on a crisp fall night. Bonus points if it’s through a haunted graveyard.
Wear A Costume
This one might be obvious, but we’re including it anyway… because Halloween just isn’t Halloween without a costume. Think beyond the typical cat, witch or ghost this year by dressing up like your favorite celebrities.
Visit A Haunted House
This is hands down one of our favorite annual traditions. Getting spooked is, yes, scary… but isn’t that the point? Just be sure you’re ready to scream.
You’ve been planning your Halloween costume since last Halloween. You’ve found the perfect wig to go with your over-the-top costume…but how are you spending your Halloween night? Don’t get stuck going to another get together that turned out to be a “dead” beat party. Check out our 8 tips and tricks for throwing the best Halloween party ever and start inviting your friends asap.
- Pick a Terrifying Theme: No party is complete without having a theme. No matter if you go with a Monsters or Ghosts theme, it gets your guests excited to dress up.
- Send Spooky Invites: Another way to ensure you have enough punch and snacks to go around are invites. Make sure your guests RSVP. Don’t feel like using snail mail? E-vites is quick, easy and has a library full of eerie invitations that you can pick from.
- Freaky Finger Food: Don’t let your guests go hungry! Create freaky fun food like Worms in Dirt or English Muffin mummies.
- Boo-gie Down Beats: Don’t forget to add an awesome playlist to your party. Check out our Boo-gie Down Playlist on Spotify for awesome Halloween type songs to get your guests dancing all night long.
- Colorful Candy: What Halloween party is complete without candy? Make sure you satisfy all types of candy cravings with chocolates, sour and gummy confections. Try not to overdo it though or you’ll be stuck with a stomach ache!
- Play Scary Movies: Not only will a scary movie draw attention to your non dancing guests, its visually thrilling too. We like The Shining or if you’re not into super scary, go for a funny movie like Hocus Pocus.
- Deadly Decorations: Include scary decorations to transform your everyday living space into a bone-chilling room.
- Perfect Party Favors: Nothing says “thanks for coming” than a party favor. Hand out bags of goodies at the end of the night so your guests have something to remember the night by.
No matter what you decide to do for Halloween, have fun, be safe and don’t forget to rock the perfect costume! Visit the blog tomorrow for #AEOSTYLE inspired Halloween costumes. You won’t be disappointed.
Jogger pants continue to be the craze in menswear right now. These tapered sweatpants are the ultimate staple for cool and fashion-forward #AEOStyle. With a relaxed fit, drawstring waist and cuffed bottom, this is where style and comfort come together. The legs of the sweatpants, which feature elastic at the feet, are designed to fall just above the ankle to so you can perfectly pair them with your favorite sneakers. We put together three looks to help you master the jogger look.
Hey Guys! Have you rocked the Jogger Pant yet? If so show us how you wear the pant by using #AEOSTYLE on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram for the chance to see your photo on our AE.com Style Gallery, Instagram, Tumblr or on our blog!
This week, its all about tricks and treats. Whether you plan on giving more treats than tricks or tricks than treats, black #AEOSTYLE is your perfect getup for mischief night. Take a look at our all-black-everything #AEOSTYLE below and try to be somewhat good this Hallow’s Eve.