It’s never been more important to make the planet a better place. See how you can help this Earth Day and EVERY day!
All year long, we’re proud to partner with Free The Girls on a bra donation and recycling program. Every bra (any brand or style) that you donate in an Aerie store will help create a better life for sex trafficking survivors. You’ll also get 15% off your next Aerie bra with any donation. For the month of April, we’re excited to give back to the earth, too! We’ll plant one tree with One Tree Planted for every bra that you donate, all month long.
No bras to donate? You can (and should!) still help the environment by following some of these easy tips.
- Upcycle your clothes! Turn them into cleaning cloths, a blanket made from all your favorite tees or even patches for fave AE jeans.
- Keep a reusable bag (like one of our Aerie totes!) with you when you go grocery shopping. Do your best to stay away from plastic bags.
- Swap out a plastic straw for a metal or bamboo one.
- Use a *cute* reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Think before you wash – most clothes (like jeans) don’t need to be washed after every wear.
- Wash your clothes in cold water, and line dry instead of throwing them in the dryer to save electricity. Your Aerie bras will thank you, too!
- Turn. off. those. lights!
- When you’re not using your faucet (like while you’re brushing your teeth), make sure you turn it off. It can save up to 6 liters of water per minute.
- If you drive to work, try carpooling! Car share options or mass transit help save on carbon emissions and gas (and money!).
- Use leftover water from forgotten cups or bottles for watering your plants instead of filling up a fresh cup.
How are you giving back to the planet this Earth Day? Comment below & tell us!