Be the best you with these healthy cranberry almond granola bars. Packed with protein and vitamins, these energy-boosting snacks will keep you feeling satisfied and full of pep for yoga class, work or whatever comes your way!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups whole almonds, roasted or raw
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 tbs. hemp seeds*
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
*Optional, may substitute chia or flax seeds
WHAT TO DO:
- Line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown rice syrup, honey and vanilla over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until temperature reaches 260°.
- Pour it over dry mixture, stirring quickly to coat all ingredients evenly.
- Quickly pour mixture into a lined baking sheet, pressing firmly into an even layer.
- Let bars cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes), then lift parchment paper from dish.
- On a cutting board, cut the form into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
What’s your go-to health snack? Comment below and tell us!