Holiday party season is in full swing, and there’s always a chance you might get a last minute invite to one this weekend (or already have one on the calendar!). It seems like every year holiday parties require the best (or worst?) ugly sweater attire, so if you’re scrambling for a quick outfit to wear out this weekend, we can help. All you need are a few quick decorations and tools, most of which you probably already have on hand. Keep reading for our step-by-step guide to making a DIY Ugly Sweater for last minute holiday parties.
What You Need:
- Plain Sweater
- Hot glue/glue gun OR fabric glue
- DCI Ugly Sweater Kit
- Kurt Adler Mirrorball Box Set
2. Start with some tinsel. Use your hot glue gun or fabric glue to add some fun texture and depth to your sweater. In this case, the crazier it looks, the better!
3. Glue on seasonal patches or pins. Grab your DCI Ugly Sweater Kit or pins, or make your own cutout holiday shapes from thick fabric like felt or fleece. Glue the patches over the tinsel for a 3-D effect.
4. Add your finishing touches. Take your sweater over-the-top and add finishing touches like mirror balls (you could even use ornaments here) and throw a necklace on top – extra points if your sweater lights up!
COMPLETE YOUR LOOK: We like these little extras from our Holiday Party Shop for the ultimate ugly sweater party outfit .
- FBL Light Up Tree Glasses
- Bigmouth Santa’s Drinking Mitten
- Bigmouth Inc. Mistletoe Stick
- AEO Santa Crew Socks