From Gigi Hadid to Olivia Palermo some of our favorite celebrities and fashion icons rock the perfect beach wave. We’ve put together an easy step by step guide on how to create your very own sea salt hair spray to give you those effortless ready-for-summer strands. Move over Becky with the good hair…it’s our time to shine.
Materials you’ll need:
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon water-based hair gel
1/2 teaspoon leave-in conditioner
1/2 teaspoon argan oil (optional)
1 to 2 drops of essential oil of choice for fragrance (optional. We prefer rose or lavender scents)
Pot and stove top (or microwavable bowl or cup)
Spray bottle that can hold more than a cup of water
Utensil for stirring
1. Heat water just before boiling in pot or bowl. Remove from heat.
2. Add your salt, stirring occasionally until it’s completely dissolved.
3. Add the fun stuff! (Hair gel, leave-in conditioner, argan oil and essential oil). Stir until ingredients are completely combined.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before pouring it into the spray bottle.
5. Give that bottle a good shake.
How To Apply:
Always shake your spray before applying. For best results, spray a few spritzes two inches from roots on either dry or wet hair. Scrunch, twist and toss your hair to create that perfectly messy texture. Spray and scrunch until you’ve reached your desired look! Pro tip: Use a hairdryer to speed up the drying process.
Do you have any other good hair DIY tips? Tell us in the comments below!