For a DIY way to keep the bugs away, follow this recipe for a quick, easy and most important—all natural—remedy. Best of all, it smells delicious. Bug spray or your new fave fragrance? You decide!
- Take the container you’ll pour the bug spray into, and fill it halfway with water, fresh mint leaves, dried lavender, citronella, lemongrass, peppermint oil, spearmint oil, and some dried cloves. You can use as many of these ingredients as you want, but they aren’t all necessary.
- Pour these ingredients into a pot and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Use a strainer to separate the liquid.
- Pour it into a bottle, and fill the other half with Witch Hazel.
- Give it a shake and spray it up!