Whether you’re headed to the beach for a 5-day vacay or just for the day – don’t forget to throw in these faves! 1. The Beach Bag – Where else will you carry all of these essentials? Our two musts for a great beach bag: it should be extra big (to fit the goodies listed below) and extra cute. Tip: Pick a bag that is “beach resistant” and can stand up to the sand. Our teams love woven raffia. Sand brushes right off of this effortless, beach-ready material.
3. The Coverup – Headed to the boardwalk for a snack? From beach shorts to oversized beach shirts – our stylist has got you covered.
4. The Sunscreen – We can’t get enough of Sun Bum, suncare made from the best ingredients under the sun. Be sure to pick up and pack this surf-ready SPF so you can keep the fun going all day long!
5. The Beauty Must-Haves – We wish that a day at the beach meant instant beach hair, but sometimes our waves need a little encouragement. Try our Beauty For Real For Aerie Salt Spray. It’s ocean in a bottle!
6. The Tunes – Our summer playlist. On repeat.
7. The Sunnies – We have a thing for aviators right now. A classic shape in fun new colors? We’re in!
8. The Flip Flops – Flip flops and sandals should be part of your summer uniform. We love these flip flops from AEO, but to be honest, it was hard to pick just one pair. Can’t we have them all?
9. The Beach Blanket – Be sure to include a blanket to stake out your spot on the beach.
10. The Hat – Top off your packing with a panama-style or floppy hat. It will make catching up on the latest issue of Elle that much easier.
We asked a few of our summer-ready bloggers what they are bringing to the beach – check out their must-haves below!
“During the warmer months you can always catch me spending the day relaxing at the beach or pool & my beach bag is always filled with my 4 must-haves for the perfect day. I always have sunscreen for both my face & body (Supergoop is my fav!), a hat because while I love laying in the sun and getting a little color, I always keep my face in the shade, my kindle or a couple magazines, & of course sunglasses, my eyes are super sensitive to the sun so they are a must!” – Jackie (Living After Midnite)
“A pair of super cute, but affordable sunnies: I’m about to get real here. I can’t be trusted on the beach with my designer sunnies because I’m active! I either sit on them or I lose them in a big wave. I’m loving this pair of white and gold aviators – kind of my go-to color scheme! If I lose them, I can just pop right back in Aerie and grab another!” – Megan (The Thing She Sees)
“I don’t know about you, but once the warm weather hits most of my weekends are spent at the beach and packing your beach bag properly is crucial for a great day at the beach! Most important first, sunscreen! No one wants to look like a lobster at the end of the day! Secondly, a pair of super cute sunnies. Don’t forget the case too! Sand in sunglasses are no bueno! Third, two towels! Yes, two! One to lay on and one for a pillow. Also, if you get in the water you will have an extra one that isn’t super sandy to dry off with! Lastly, I can’t live without my bluetooth speaker. Great tunes at the beach are a must! – Shannon (Upbeat Soles)
Thanks, girls! Let’s pack this up and get to the beach!