Keeping in step with ombré, one of our favorite beauty trends, we winterized our go-to mani with a sparkly twist. We partnered with Nails By Dallas at our most recent photoshoot where they taught us step-by-step how to make the cutest, yet simple holiday mani! Read on below to learn how to create the perfect glitter ombre nail.
1. First, organize your supplies. You’ll need a chunky gold glitter polish, a sheer pink polish and some fine gold or rose gold craft glitter (we like Martha Stewart’s Rose Quartz). Also, a file, buffer, orange wood stick or cuticle pusher, small nail art brush, alcohol and cuticle oil.
2. Start by manicuring your nails: file to preferred shape, push cuticles back gently and lightly buff the shine off nail plate. Cleanse nails with alcohol to remove oil.
3. If you have a preferred base coat, apply that first and let dry. Then apply two coats of Aerie’s light pink polish and let dry. (Shop at your local Aerie store!)
4. Start by dabbing the chunky gold glitter on just the free edge of the nail. Take your small nail art brush and gently brush glitter towards the cuticle. *When doing this, use a feather touch to ensure no streaks in your base polish*
6. End with a top coat of your choice and be sure to cap the free edge where all the glitter is!